Recognition through the South Australian Food Industry Awards Program can help you increase your business and brand profile. Becoming a winner or a finalist provides you with a point of difference and a powerful recommendation for your products with customers and consumers.
You can enter a maximum of two open award categories for your business, providing you did not win in that category in 2017. Entry in any open category also automatically qualifies your business for entry in the Business Excellence Award. Entrants from regional South Australia (outside the Adelaide metropolitan area) will also automatically be eligible for the Regional Award.
Simply click on any award category below for full information on how to apply, entry terms and conditions, and key dates.
Applications opened at 9am Friday 4 May and close at 5pm Monday 9 July 2018.
Who can enter?
Open Awards (up to 15 full time equivalent (FTE) staff OR over 15 FTEs)
Entry in business award categories in the South Australian Food Industry Awards is open to any business which is a food or beverage producer, manufacturer or franchisor, or businesses providing goods or services to the food and beverage industry, provided that:
- The head office or principal place of business for that business is in South Australia (and if the business is operated by a franchisee, the head office or principal place of business of the franchisor is in South Australia); and
- At least half the expenses of the business are incurred in South Australia.
Please note: Restaurants, cafés, food service and wine businesses are not eligible for these awards.
- Innovation in Food Award, sponsored by the South Australian Research & Development Institute
Up to 15 FTEs
Over 15 FTEs
Entry for individual awards is open to individuals living in South Australia and currently working in the South Australian food and beverage sector.
- Leader Award, sponsored by Bickford’s Group
- Next Generation Award, sponsored by Macro Group Australia
Entrants for industry awards are nominated by industry.
- Hall of Fame Award, sponsored by San Remo
- Duncan MacGillivray Entrepreneur Award, sponsored by Primary Industries and Regions South Australia
- Education Award, sponsored by the University of Adelaide
- Regional Award, sponsored by Primary Industries and Regions South Australia
The Consumer Award – Sponsored by Statewide Super
Initial entry for the Consumer Award is by consumer nomination via the South Australian Food Industry Awards website at safoodawards.com.au. The 20 companies with the highest vote in the nomination round are eligible to win the Consumer Award.
Click here for full details of the Consumer Award.
Formatting your entry
- Entries must be formatted as a Word document using Times New Roman 12 point font, double spaced, with 5cm margins. Please include each question, followed by your answer. Please start a new page to answer Part B questions.
- Entries must comply with word limits as shown for each question. The use of dot point lists is accepted in answers.
- Do not include images, audio or video files, or attachments (other than the statement of financial stability) with your application.
- Save your completed entry as a pdf file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2018 SA FOOD INDUSTRY AWARDS APPLICATION in the subject line of your email, and include your name, your company’s name and address, and your contact email and phone number in the body of the email.
- Attach a pdf of your financial stability statement to your email. Click here to see a sample format for this letter. (Note: this is not required for entries in individual award categories).
Conditions of entry
- Entries open 9am Friday 4 May 2018 and close at 5pm Monday 9 July 2018. Late entries will not be accepted.
- You can enter any award category (excepting industry nominated categories) providing you did not win in that category in 2017.
- Entry in any open category automatically enters your business in the Business Excellence Award category. You may enter up to two open categories in addition to the Business Excellence Award category.
- Entries must be submitted according to the instructions above. Entries exceeding the word limit or not submitted using the formatting guidelines will not be accepted.
- Entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com as a pdf.
- Applicants must meet all criteria as defined above.
- Applicants who are shortlisted must agree to host the judging panel at an on-site tour and/or attend an interview. You may be required to provide further documentation for site visits or interviews. For full information on the award judging process, click here.
- Award applications are confidential however Food South Australia reserves the right to use non-confidential information, images and video for promotional purposes associated with the South Australian Food Industry Awards Program and may provide contact information to Award Program sponsors.
FTE: Full time equivalent staff involved in production and manufacturing processes (excludes retail sales representatives).
HACCP: Hazard analysis and critical control points
QMS: Quality management system
EMS: Environmental management system
OH&S: Occupational health and safety