The Judging Process
- After entering, all written applications will be assessed and scored by an independent judging panel to ensure each business meets the criteria.
- Applicants may then be short listed and selected for a site visit by the judging panel, which gives entrants the opportunity to support the written application through an interview, tour of the premises and provision of supporting documentation.
- Following the site visit, the judging panel will select finalists and a winner for each category, however the judging panel reserves the right to not award any finalists or winner in a given category.
- Finalists will be announced at a special function to be held on Thursday 18 October 2017.
- The South Australian Food Industry Awards Program winners will be announced at the Grand Final Gala Dinner to be held on Friday 24 November 2017 at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
- Finalists will be presented on stage by the sponsor of the Award category and the winner announced.
- Written independent, confidential feedback (dot-point) on your business will be provided to all finalists and winners upon conclusion of the 2017 South Australian Food Industry Awards Program.
Independent Judging Panels
An independent application and judging process is in place for the South Australian Food Industry Awards Program to retain credibility, independence and quality of the process for the South Australian food industry, and Food South Australia will not be involved in the judging.
Each Award category comprises an individual judging panel with two representatives appointed from industry and government and an independent chair is appointed for each panel. All judges are selected for their knowledge and experience and also for their willingness to commit their time to the South Australian Food Industry Awards Program.
Written submissions and interviews are scored using a points system to ensure the highest quality, credibility and a fair outcome.
All applications will be initially assessed based on the written component of their application. Applicants who are shortlisted will be judged on both the written submission (25% of total score) and interview/site visit (75% of total score).
Judges are looking for financially sound businesses, demonstrating professionalism, passion and ongoing commitment to the State’s food industry. These businesses set the benchmark for South Australia.
All applications received are treated as strictly confidential, and the selection of finalists and winners in each category by the judging panel is final.