The South Australian Food Industry Awards have grown from a range of industry awards established 20 years ago into a comprehensive program designed to seek out and recognise excellence and innovation across all areas of the food and beverage industry in South Australia. The program recognises achievements by food and beverage manufacturers, producers who are actively adding value to their primary produce, the industry service providers who provide vital resources and expertise, and the all-important consumers who drive demand and innovation.
The awards include open categories, for which South Australian food and beverage manufacturers and producers are eligible, individual awards open to professionals living in South Australia and working in the South Australian food and beverage industry, industry-nominated awards and the consumer-nominated Consumer Award.
The South Australian Food Industry Awards are managed and hosted by Food South Australia with support from the Government of South Australia.
Entry benefits and support
Entering the South Australian Food Industry Awards can help you:
- Increase your business and brand profile by being recognised as an outstanding business
- Showcase your success to industry stakeholders and markets
- Benchmark your business against the industry’s best
- Review your business goals, plans and achievements
- Receive professional feedback and analysis from industry experts
- Strengthen your team’s motivation and morale
- Be rewarded for your hard work and business achievements
- Every entrant receives two hours of FREE professional advice or coaching with an expert Food South Australia service provider. You can use this support to review current business priorities, develop your business strategy or address a key challenge – it’s up to you!
- Finalists receive a confidential feedback report from the judges, finalist certificate and finalist logo marketing collateral to use in your marketing and a complimentary ticket to the Gala Dinner
- Winners receive a framed certificate, winners logo marketing collateral and a confidential feedback report from the judges
- Finalists and winners are promoted through the South Australian Food Industry Awards Program national trade/news media and social media campaigns, including through Eat Local SA (reaching over 25,000 hungry consumers)
Food South Australia is keen to help and support you through the application process. Here’s how we can help:
- Check out the hints and tips to prepare your application here.
- Phone Kathryn Pullman on 8303 9627 to register for the Awards Application Workshop on 5 June to get expert support from our judges
- Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The judging process for the South Australian Food Industry Awards has been developed to ensure impartiality and independence. All judges are selected for their depth of knowledge and experience of our industry.
Each award category is judged by an individual judging panel comprising representatives from the food and beverage industry and government, overseen by the Independent Chair of Judging.
Applications are assessed using a points system. All applications are initially assessed based on the written submission. Applicants who are shortlisted for an award will be judged on both the written submission (25% of the score) and an interview/site visit (75%).
Shortlisted candidates must be available for a site visit or interview from mid August to early September 2018.
The judges will be looking for financial sound businesses that demonstrate professionalism, passion and ongoing commitment to the South Australian food and beverage industry.
All applications received are treated as strictly confidential. Selection of finalists and winners in each category by the judging panel is final. Food South Australia is not involved in the judging process.
How it works
- Following the closing of applications on Monday 9 July 2018, written applications will be assessed and scored by an independent judging panel for each award to ensure each entrant meets the criteria for that award category.
- Entrants may then be shortlisted and selected for a site visit by the judging panel. This provides you with an opportunity to support your written application with more detailed information through an interview, tour of your premises and provision of supporting documentation.
- Following the site visit, the judging panel will select finalists and a winner for each category. The judging panel reserves the right to not award any finalists or winner in a given category.
- Finalists will be announced on Wednesday 17 October 2018.
- The South Australian Food Industry Awards Program winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner, to be held on Friday 23 November 2018 at the Adelaide Convention Centre. Finalists will be presented on stage by the sponsor of the award category, and the winner will be announced.
- The judges will provide brief confidential written feedback to all finalists and winners following conclusion of the 2018 South Australian Food Industry Awards Program.
Independent Chair of Judging
Learning and Productivity
0409 833 855
South Australian Food Industry Awards Program Manager
Events & Sponsorship Manager
Food South Australia
08 8303 9627